As employees or team members may temporarily not available, for example due to training, holiday or sickness, the possibility of "impersonation" has been added. This allows users to easily have somebody else represent when a user is not available.
Also it prevents that users are sharing logins and passwords against company policies.
The process is in summary as follows:
- Impersonations set by space owners:
- All space owners may impersonate any user in the space. Any other user can only impersonate another user if they have been granted permission specifically
- All space owners are able to modify the users that may impersonate another user, through the following dialog:
- Impersonations set by individual users
- Individual users can invite other users to represent or impersonate them via "Configure" and "My profile:
- Activate Impersonation:
- In the example below Mike Dempsey has asked Robin Porter to represent him. Robin Porter can select user Mike Dempsey:
- After selecting Mike Dempsey, Robin Porter continues in "Impersonation" mode for Mike Dempsey:
Article is closed for comments.