New version of LYNX Web
Big changes were made in LYNX web regarding add the card overview page, a new layout for the website, and adding custom properties fields in cards and tasks.
The cards overview screen has been added, allowing users to view the cards, change hierarchy, change indentation, add new cards and child cards, and delete cards. When choosing a card, you can see all the details, notes, documents, bookings, and history. This means almost all features for editing and viewing cards have been added similarly to LYNX-X.
You can now see the custom properties of cards in the card overview, as well as the custom properties of the tasks in "My activities".
Transfer to Docker
We are now using Docker to deploy our backend instead of a virtual machine. This change will not affect the users directly, however, it comes with many benefits:
Simplified Configuration: Docker containers package the software, libraries, and dependencies together. This unified package eliminates compatibility issues and reduces setup complexity.
- Reliability: Our software will be more reliable and consistent across different backend servers. This means fewer issues and a more stable experience for users.
- Smoother Updates: For inhouse clients, they will experience smoother and more efficient software updates, ensuring minimal disruptions to their workflow.
- Increased Compatibility: Docker will enhance compatibility, allowing our software to seamlessly integrate into clients’ existing systems.
- Heightened Security: Docker's containerization significantly reduces the risks of security breaches and allows strengthened measures to safeguard for user’s data and operations.
Start Early Resource Management
In the resource load, users are now able to use a “Show the load of started tasks at the early start position” button, both for multi-projects and individual projects. This allows the users to see the impact of starting tasks early on the resource load to assist them with decision making. For the individual projects, you have to do the following workaround if the button is greyed out:
- Open project > go to project portfolio > open resource load > click the button > go back to the project without closing the multi-project resource load pop-up > open project resource load > click the button.
This is the button in the multi-project resource load view. You can open this from the project portfolio tab in LYNX.
This is the button in the single project resource load view. You can open this from the project view in LYNX.
Improved Stages Visualization
Users are now able to add more visualization to stages via the “Visual” tab in the stage properties below. For example, you can add fill colors and symbols/images which allows a clearer overview of the stages plan.
This is an example of the visualization that can now be made in the stages view in LYNX.
- Workpackages with non-closed cards will no longer close after pressing X in the pop-up.
- Dates from Project Buffer in tags are now correctly available in the dropdown menu and in the fever chart.
- It is now possible to select a specific day as the timescale in projects, on top of the first day of the week and week numbers.
- LYNX Online: Opening LYNX for the first time no longer gives rights issues for adding resources, adding a project or impersonating a user.
- When users open the Budget view, before a stage has been added, they get a message of the steps required, for example, adding a stage, to reduce error.
- When a card is closed in a workpackage with a Team Skill assigned, the workpackage will no longer change to started.
- Debuffered current longest chain no longer remains 0 when the “Debuffered chain durations” option is selected in Space Properties.
- Task Manager Report shows the labels of the chart correctly.
- Updating tasks within My Activities / Active Tasks no longer jump task to another position in the list. The 'Refresh' button is shown with a additional 'highlight' is shown on the refresh button to indicate that data needs refreshing.
- In "My Activities", the filter is automatically set to "Show all roles" instead of "Task Manager".
- Improved scaling behavior.
LYNX-X available in teams
You are now able to add LYNX-X as an app in teams. You can go to apps and search for LYNX. Once installed, you can pin it to the apps bar for easy access.
- Improved the editing behavior in the project window.
- Improved visualization of the project window and Gantt.
- Several bugs and improvements have been added/updated.
- This application is still in development, so please let us know if you find any issues on: