The reporting module has been improved in usability and in speed. Companies that had a big Project Portfolio could wait quite a lot of time before all data was loaded. We changed the behavior around reports in such a way that the data is now available (almost) instantly. Besides, we have improved the filter functionality, see the blocks within the figure:
Improvements in the Resource Load
Additional netto availability view
In addition to the Resource Load that is based on the total availability of the resources, we have added the option to show the Resource Load based on the netto availability. As an example we have the two pictures below. This figure shows the total resource load of the skill Designer. This skill has been hard assigned to multiple projects with mostly more then one task of 100% unit percentage, giving a total load of around 200 - 300%. Mike Dempsey, the designer in this case has a netto availability of 50%, given by the blue line.
If we compare this to the Resource Load that is based on the Netto Availabilty. We still have the same information and the same graph, but the load for the designer has been doubled, because for the Designer specific there is one Designer who has 50% netto availability and a maximum of 300% of unit percentage on his tasks. This gives a maximum load of 600% based on the netto availability of this skill.
When a Resource is working for the company temporary, it will be shown as a dotted line when you turn on the feature below. You can select if a resource is temporary by using the checkbox in the Resource table (Configure -> Resource).
Width of Skill filter in Resource Load
Companies used a variety of skill names and global property names, which combined let to an increase in amount of letters that were used. And in quite a lot of cases, the beginning of the name was the same and the difference in skill was defined at the end. Therefor, the box for filters has been increased in the Resource Load, see figure:
The Search & Replace-functionality (CTRL + F) has been expanded with a local search within a project. Before, the search took place on the database which gave all results that were saved and stored there. Now, we have added the possibility to make changes to a project and search for the results that are live as well, see figure (for bigger picture, press left-mouse click and open in other tab):
- Debuffered Resource Load is available again.
- The OK-button is available again after you make changes within the Resource/Skill table.
- Improved behavior of the filters within the Resource Load-graph.
- Print module of projects has improved behavior.
- Adding a Child Calendar to a Parent Calendar auto selects the newly created Child Calendar.
- Opening shared Project/Task is directed to the correct place.
We have released a new update of our Lynx-x software, which includes fixes of the previous version and improvements demanded by some of our testers. You can find the software here:
Also including a new version for Lynx-x (Android) has been released in the Google Play Store!
With all new features that were included in the Windows version, we were waiting to release a new version for Android as well. Features that are included are: a new opening screen, the Cards view, the Kanban Board and all other features that have been added to our Windows version.